Breaking down your Direct Delivery box can be done easily in just a few short steps. Most of the items can be recycled, but there are a few things you'll want to dispose of in the waste bin.
INTO THE WASTE BIN
- Cut open the liners and dispose of the bio-degradable denim insulation.
- Cut open the ice packs and pour the contents in the trash
INTO THE RECYCLING BIN
- The liner of the insulation*
- The liner of the ice packs*
- Cardboard box/dividers
- Meal containers & lids
* Some cities may not take the liners in your recycling bin; however, you can bring them to your local grocery store and recycle them with your grocery bags.
In some places we serve, there’s a cool program called Gimme5 which gives #5 plastics a second life as clever home goods like cutlery, plates, toothbrushes, etc. Preserve Products leads this charge and has collection bins at places like Whole Foods. You can also mail them the containers/lids.